- Winter Card Finalists - Congratulations to Cumberland 3rd graders Emery Do, for coming in 2nd place, and Krishi Patel for placing in 3rd place, in the D62 Winter Card Design Contest. Both girls were honored at the Board of Education meeting on November 21. All of the contest entries will be on display at the Des Plaines Public Library until January 2, 2017.
- Manna Gift Card Orders - You can help the PTO and our school while you shop this Holiday Season! The Manna Scrips Program allows you to buy gift cards at full value and the PTO will earn a percentage of each card purchased. Please click here to view the flyer. The forms already came home in backpacks but extras are available in the main office. Don't forget to ask family and friends if they are interested in gift cards for holiday giving. Order forms with payment is due Friday, December 9.
- PTO Board Opening - The PTO has an immediate opening for the position of Vice President #2. Please contact the PTO, at PTO.email@example.com, if you have any interest in becoming a part of the PTO board and making a difference at Cumberland School. We would like to send a huge "THANK YOU" to Jen Tabor for her many years of hard work and commitment to the Cumberland PTO. She and her family will be greatly missed, and we wish them the best as they move to Michigan!!!
- Enrichment Program Survey - The PTO is working on scheduling the winter sessions of the After School Enrichment Programs and would like your opinion. Please take this survey if you're interested in enrolling your children. Classes will start at the end of January or beginning of February. Click here to take this short survey.
- Read to Succeed Program - Cumberland students have the opportunity to take part in the Read to Succeed Program again this year. The pink reading logs came home two weeks ago and more are available in the school office. These forms are due back to your child's teacher by Friday, January 27 to be eligible for a free ticket to Six Flags.
- Family Math Scavenger Hunt Night - We hope you can join us for the 2nd annual Family Math Scavenger Hunt Night. Mark your calendar for Wednesday, January 11 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. More information will be coming soon about this event.