- Halloween Reminders - A letter came home yesterday in your child's backpack about the Halloween procedures and reminders. Please note, new this year, students will not be allowed to wear clown costumes at school and will not have food items of any kind during the celebrations. Click here to view the detailed letter.
- Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up - The link to sign up for a Parent Teacher Conference time slot in November will be emailed home next Friday, October 28 @ 10:00 a.m. If you have any problems securing a slot please call the office at 847-824-1451 and we would be happy to help you through the process.
- Make Arrangements Ahead - We strive to minimize interruptions to the classrooms during the school day. If you need your child to go to an alternate location after school, please send a note to the teacher with your child in the morning. When we receive calls from you during the day, we have to call down to the classroom with this information and it is a disruption to the educational process for all of the children.
- Check The Parent Portal - If your contact information has changed, and is listed incorrectly in the Parent Portal, please call the office so we can update our records. If you are having trouble accessing the Parent Portal, contact the school office at 847-824-1451 for assistance.
- "Socktober" Donations Needed - This year, Cumberland Student Council is assisting Kid President in his efforts to help the homeless people across America during "Socktober". Socks are one of the items homeless shelters need the most. Your family can help this cause by bringing in new socks so that we can pass along a little kindness to those that need it most. Check out Kid President's video to learn more about this campaign.
- Giving Table Donations - We will once again be offering a Giving Table during Parent Teacher Conferences in November. We are seeking donations of new or gently used clothing for children and adults. We also need winter gear, (hats, gloves, scarves), as well as children's winter boots and snow pants. These items will be made available for any of our families in need during conferences.
- PTO Halloween Bash - Join the PTO on Friday, October 28 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. There will be a $2 per child admission at the door (kids under 5 are free). We will have music and dancing, Halloween games and prizes, 50/50 raffle, crafts and pumpkin decorating, and back by popular demand...LOCK someone in JAIL!!! Please consider donating one hour of your time to volunteer. All volunteers will get a ticket for a free meal. Sign up now by clicking here.
- Winter Card Design Contest Deadline Extended - The deadline for the 2016 Winter Card Design Contest has been extended to October 25. Click here for the parent release form and additional contest information.