- Cumberland Project Fair Tonight - Join us tonight, Thursday, April 13 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. for the Cumberland Project Fair. Students will be showing off the great work that they have been doing in the classroom. Every family attending will receive a raffle ticket for the Macbook Pro laptop that we will give away at the end of the year through Title I funds. Don't forget to stop by the MPR this evening and visit the Scholastic Book Fair from 5:30-7:00. Click here to view the flyer for more information.
- Online Registration Help Available - If you are having difficulty navigating the new D62 Online Registration process, come to Cumberland on Wednesday, April 26 between 8:00-10:00 a.m. or 3:00-6:00 p.m. District staff will be on hand to help, and computers will be available for you to register your child for next school year. Translators in Spanish and Polish will also be available to assist in those languages. You do not have to attend the Cumberland help session, you can go to any D62 time and location that works for you. Click here for online registration information and for all D62 Open House dates/times. Note - You will not have to pay at the time of registering, payments will be collected at a later date. Also, Online Registration help will be available during the Cumberland Project Fair this evening in Tile 2.
- Low Cost High Speed Home Internet - Comcast is offering high speed Internet access for $9.95 per month to qualifying families. If one or more children in your home is eligible for the free lunch program, you could qualify for "Internet Essentials." Additional features include purchasing an internet-ready computer for less than $150 and providing access to free digital literacy training in print, online, and in person. Click here for more information and to view the flyer.
- PTO Paint Night - We hope you can join the PTO for our first-ever Paint Night on April 20 at 6:00 p.m. Each participant will receive an 11"x14" canvas, and the paints and supplies will be included. The theme will be Earth Week and admission will cost $10 per participant - all ages welcome - no previous experience needed. Children must be accompanied by an adult, only those participating in painting a canvas will pay. Click here to sign up. Hope to see you there!
- ABC Countdown 2017 - Each year our students and staff celebrate the last 26 days of school with the ABC Countdown. This year, our countdown will begin on Tuesday, April 25 with "America Day" where students and staff will wear red, white, and blue to school. Click here to get a sneak preview of the events for this year. Hard copies will be coming home in backpacks on April 20.
- 6th Grade Orientation - Parents of current 5th grade students, you are invited to the 6th Grade Orientation at Chippewa Middle School on Thursday, May 4 starting at 6:00 p.m. Learn all about the middle school routines, expectations, and the new middle school redesign that will be starting next year.
Cumberland Calendar Link