- Will you have a 6th grade student at Chippewa next year? If so, please join us for 6th Grade Parent Orientation on Thursday, May 4th at 6:00 pm in the Chippewa gym. After the orientation, a presentation will be offered to explain the new District 62 middle school redesign. Mr. John Swanson, the incoming Chippewa principal, will be attending both presentations. All attendees will receive one raffle ticket to win a brand new MacBook Pro!!!! We are looking forward to meeting you. Click here to view the flyer.
- Parent Focus Group - District 62 will be conducting a System Assessment and would like parent input. We invite you to take part in a focus group from 9:00-10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 9 at Cumberland. This will be an opportunity to share your opinion about school and district programs and initiatives. Click here to view the parent information letter.
- ELL Newsletter - Click here to view the latest version of the ELL Connection newsletter to keep up with what is happening.
- Shoe Drive for Animal Rescue - We are accepting donations of new and gently worn shoes to raise funds for Roll Over Animal Rescue (ROAR). In the US alone, over 600 million pairs of shoes are thrown away each year and end up in landfills. ROAR is located in Des Plaines and is a completely volunteer driven organization, which means they have limited resources to do their work. They help animals that are young, old, healthy, sick or injured alike. Please consider sending in pairs of shoes that are clean, dry, have no holes, and with soles intact. We will be accepting donations in a box outside the office until May 31. Thank you in advance for your contribution.
- Boomers Reading Program Participants - We would like to recognize and congratulate the Cumberland students who completed the requirements of the Schaumburg Boomers Reading Program. Click here for complete list of participants.
- Taste Of Des Plaines Volunteers Needed - New this year, the City of Des Plaines will donate $5.00 per hour to our PTO for every volunteer hour worked. The event will take place on Friday, June 16 starting at 5:00 and Saturday, June 17 during the day and evening. The Click here for more information on how your volunteer hours can help Cumberland School.
- Book Fair Thank You - The PTO would like to thank everyone who volunteered to help run the book fair! Because of our volunteers' help, and everyone who purchased books during the book fair, Cumberland earned $1800 in Scholastic Dollars. The dollars will be used to purchase birthday books, new books for the library, and provide Scholastic magazines for classrooms.
- Book Donations Needed - Speaking of books, if you have any elementary age-appropriate books you're planing on getting rid of, please donate them to Cumberland. A couple of years ago we started offering free books to those who can't afford to purchase them. These students come down to the book fair and get to choose one or two books to take home. This way every child goes home with a book during book fair week. Our free book supply is running low, and we need to restock. There will be a box outside the office labeled DONATED BOOKS.
Cumberland Calendar Link