D62 Online Registration - Online registration is now open for all returning students entering grades 1-8 for the 2020-2021 school year. Any new students or students entering Kindergarten will use the existing paper registration process. We ask that you register your child(ren) by Monday, June 1st. District 62 will begin collecting next year's fees during registration. All of next year's fees remain unchanged. It is also necessary for parents to sign up their child for bus transportation at this time. Additional information about the online registration process including frequently asked questions can be found at: rebrand.ly/62onlineregistration. Please call the Cumberland office at 847-824-1453 if you have any questions about the process.
Coronavirus Update - District 62 remains in close contact with the Cook County Department of Public Health as we continue to monitor the reports of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which was a virus identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in China. There are no reported cases of Coronavirus connected to any of our schools in District 62. The Cook County Department of Public Health has issued the following guidelines as everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
Kids Heart Challenge - The Kids Heart Challenge is back at Cumberland Elementary School! The American Heart Association offers this fundraising opportunity to raise money to support research and education initiatives to save lives and promote heart healthy lifestyles. If you choose to donate, your child will earn thank-you prizes and our school will receive US Games gift cards to purchase new Physical Education equipment. Our kick-off date was on January 30th, and our deadline for the Kids Heart Challenge donations will be on February 28th. Your child should have received a donation envelope and a parent information letter. To learn more about this event, please go to American.heart.org and select “Kids Heart Challenge”. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Duggan at email@example.com.
D62 Foundation - The D62 Foundation has two upcoming events:
- February 15th marks the Foundation's Chess Tournament which will take place from 9:00-3:00 at Iroquois Community School.
- March 6th is the Foundation's annual benefit which will take place at Café la Cave on March 6th at 6:00 p.m. This year's theme is March Madness and will feature trivia. Dinner and a silent auction will also be part of the evening. Tickets cost $60 per person. We ask that you RSVP by February 28th.
PTO News & Events...
- Dine & Share Update - Thank you very much to all the families who came out to the new Buona Beef store for the 2 day fundraiser night. $167.99 will be donated to Cumberland School. As always, we appreciate the support and we love to see those Cougar smiles outside of school! 2 more dine and shares are coming up soon:
- Box Tops - Keep collecting those Box Tops - while they are printed on fewer and fewer boxes of cereal, granola bars, Kleenex, etc. they are still out there in circulation. Thank you to our student council and Mrs. Todorovich for organizing and sending the box tops in. Since November 2019, the PTO has collected $321.30. Many products have moved to the App - where receipts can be scanned up to 14 days after purchase. Check out this video for more information: https://www.boxtops4education.com/en/About
- Sweetheart Family Formal - Will take place tonight, 2/7/20, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Dress up (or come casual) and enjoy a FREE pasta dinner and dancing at this PTO sponsored event! Here's some of the fun things we have planned:
- Each family will have the opportunity to be royally announced as you enter the dance floor.
- Dinner will include: penne Marinara, Greek or house salad, and bread will be provided by Wally's, Giacomo's, and Giuseppe's.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with punch and assorted desserts (sweet donations can be dropped off in the main office before 5:00 p.m.)
- Free crafts will be available to keep the little ones busy for a bit, as well as a keepsake photo op.
- DJ Geoff will be playing some of your favorite tunes and we will be selling $1 raffle tickets for some really great prizes! We hope to see you there!