Dine & Share Thank You - The PTO would like to send a "thank you" to all of the students, parents, and staff who attended the recent Dine & Share at Portillo's. Because of the great turn out, the PTO made $234 from this event. Please mark your calendar for the next Dine & Share at Chick-fil-A (950 N. Elmhurst Rd. Mount Prospect) on Thursday, March 21st from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Click here to view the flyer.
Book Fair Volunteers Needed - The Scholastic Book Fair will take place on April 23rd - 26th and the PTO is asking for volunteers to help with this event. Look for a Sign-up link to come home soon.
Report Cards Home - As a reminder, report cards will be coming home with students next Friday, March 8th. Please note the following information that will be included:
- Recognition for Good Attendance - We will again be recognizing students with good attendance each trimester. Students with no more than three absences and two tardies during the trimester will receive a recognition letter in their report card and a paw print trinket. The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) now requires us to document chronic absenteeism for students. The truancy rate will be listed on our State School Report Card and will make up 25% of our overall rating. We want to recognize our students who are working hard to help us reach our goal of lower absences and tardies.
- Recognition For No Behavior Referrals - We will once again recognize our students who have not received a behavior referral for the entire second trimester. These students will receive a recognition letter in their report card envelope next Friday. We are so proud of our students who consistently make good choices and follow the Cougar Code. We hope your child is among those receiving the letter for their hard work. We will be sending home a letter each trimester for qualifying students, so even if your child didn't earn one this time, they can for the 3rd trimester.
- 3rd-5th Grade Guidelines - The 3rd-5th grade report card scores will look different since students are no longer receiving letter grades. You will instead see a number that represents the progress your child is making (See the chart below). Click here to view the D62 Standards Based Grading Guidelines.
- 4 represents Exceeds (EX) Standards. Student consistently exceeds grade level expectations. Student independently applies concepts at an advanced level. The percentile for this level is between 94% - 100%.
- 3 Represents Meets (ME) Standards. Student consistently meets grade level expectations. Student applies concept at a proficient level. The percentile for this level is between 75% - 93%.
- 2 Represents Approaching (AP) Standards. Student is developing understanding of grade level expectations. Student applies concepts with support. The percentile for this level is between 50% - 74%.
- 1 Represents Below (BE) Standards. Student is not making adequate progress toward grade level expectations. Student does not apply concepts, even with additional support. The percentile for this level is between 0% - 49%.