- Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up - If you have not already done so, click here to sign up for a November Parent Teacher Conference time slot. If you have any questions, please call the school office at 847-824-1451.
- Mindful Parenting - If you missed the D62 parent presentation from Dr. Charlene Myklebust, click here to view tips and resources from her presentation.
- Math Help for Parents and Students - If you are confused by your child's math homework, you're not alone. It is a very different way of teaching the subject than when you were in school. To help you and your child understand the new math, you can download a free app called Pearson BouncePages on your smartphone or tablet. You then simply scan your child's full math page from the textbook and an animated video will appear to walk you and your child through the concept. Many of the pages also include hands-on practice opportunities for students to get stronger in the skill they have just learned.
- Giving Table - If your family is in need of winter outerwear for children or adults, stop by the Giving Table during November Parent Teacher Conferences. We are still accepting donations through November 14, click here for details.
- Cops For Coats - The Park Ridge, Niles, and Des Plaines Police Departments have partnered together for a coat drive to assist the families of Maine Township. With the holidays approaching, many of us are thinking about ways that we can help others and give back to our community. The coats collected will be distributed on Saturday, November 5 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Maine Township Hall (1700 Ballard Rd., Park Ridge).
- 1st Trimester Box Top Winner - Congratulations to Mrs. Pantelin's 3rd grade class for bringing in the most Box Tops (per class ratio) for the 1st trimester. So far this year, our students have collected enough Box Tops to earn $400 for our PTO. Great job everyone, keep clipping those Box Tops!!!
- Title I Parent Night - We hope you can join us for this event on Wednesday, November 28 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at Algonquin Middle School. This year, we are excited to have keynote speaker Dr. Char Myklebust, who will present on Bullying and Trauma: Effective Partnerships Between Parents and Schools. The event will kick off at 5:30 with a pizza dinner and childcare will be available. Click the language link below to view the details and access the RSVP, which is due on Wednesday, November 16. A hard copy came home yesterday in your child's backpack. English Polish Spanish
- ELL Newsletter - Click here to view the September/October 2016 edition of the Cumberland ELL Connection Newsletter.
Cumberland Calendar Link