- Parent MAP Info Night - Would you like to learn more about your child's MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) test results? We invite you to join us for Parent Map Information Night on Thursday, October 6 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in Tiles 1 & 2. Click here to sign up by next Thursday, September 29, so that we can have a copy of your child's MAP report available for you that evening.
- PTO Walkathon Today - Thank you to all our generous Cumberland families, extended families, and friends that have donated so far. We are proud to support such an outstanding group of students! Even though the Walkathon is today, there is still time to donate and be eligible for student raffles. ANY donation over $1 will be entered for a chance to win raffle prizes including passes to Pump It Up, Pinstripes, and SkyZone. Donations MUST be received by end of the school day on Thursday, September 29. Please click here to make your pledge and donation today!
- Book Fair Coming Soon - The Scholastic Book Fair will be at Cumberland October 4-7, with evening hours from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 6. The PTO is seeking parent volunteers to help students with book selections during the day as well as helping with the night event. Click here to view the sign up form.
- Fire Department Open House - The Des Plaines Fire Department is having a bi-annual Open House on Saturday, September 24th at station #63 (130 E. Thacker) starting at 11:00 a.m. Click here to view the details.
- Movie Night - The PTO will be hosting a Movie Night on Friday, October 7 at 6:00 p.m. featuring Zootopia. Movie Nights are casual family friendly events - bring a blanket and watch a movie - admission is FREE. Pizza slices can be pre-ordered and a concession stand will be open. Please see the order form here or watch for it in take-home folders soon.
- After School Enrichment Programs - REMINDER: If you're interested in our NEW Cumberland After School Enrichment (CASE) programs, enrollment is NOW OPEN. These programs will start immediately after school and end at 4:30pm. Children can be dismissed to SPARK or be picked up. Two programs are being offered this fall: YOUNG REMBRANDTS (art/drawing enrichment): The cost for this programs is $84 for a 7-wk session - MONDAYS starting October 3. Enroll at youngrembrandts.com/find-a-class - enter the school zipcode, find Cumberland School and click the "Enroll" button. LET'S BUILD IT ENGINEERING (1st-5th grades): The cost for this program is $140 for a 10-wk session - WEDNESDAYS starting October 5. Sign up at http://payment.learningmeansfun.com/signup and enter the class code CDL10.5.16
Cumberland Calendar Link