- Last Day Of School - Assuming we do not have an emergency day from now until the end of the school year, the last day of student attendance will be Wednesday, May 31 (normal schedule).
- Cumberland Project Fair - Join us on Thursday, April 13 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. for the Cumberland Project Fair. Students will be showing off the great work that they have been doing in the classroom. Every family attending will receive a raffle ticket for the Macbook Pro laptop that we will give away at the end of the year through Title I funds. Don't forget to stop by the MPR that evening and visit the Scholastic Book Fair from 5:30-7:00. Click here to view the flyer for more information.
- Box Top Money Raised - Our Student Council kiddos have been hard at work counting, sorting, and clipping Box Tops for Education. Since February, we have already raised $512.10 for our school. Please keep those Box Tops coming!!!
- Placing Money On A Student Account - You can now send money to the office in any denomination to put a credit on your child's account. Students will be able to access their account to purchase breakfast, lunch, or ice cream on a daily basis. Money on this account can be carried over from year to year.
- After School Programs - Our last session of after-school programs will start next week so register now! We are offering three different programs: MONDAYS 3:15-5:15pm: Des Plaines Park District Power Play (8 weeks for $25); TUESDAYS 3:30-4:30: Chess Scholars (8 weeks for $129--early bird); and WEDNESDAYS 3:30-4:30: Young Rembrandts CARTOON DRAWING! (8 weeks for $90). Click to view flyer for general information or Power Play, Chess Scholars, Young Rembrandts.
- PTO Board Openings - If you've been wanting to get more involved, now is the perfect time! Our PTO Board of Directors will have several openings for the next school year. We need to fill these positions this year. PTO Board elections will take place before our May meeting. If you're interested, please click here to view the flyer and return to school by Friday, April 7.
- Book Fair Help Needed - The 2017 Spring Scholastic Book Fair is just around the corner and volunteers are needed in order to make it a success. Please click here to view the sign-up form.
- PTO Meeting Child Care Available - Our next PTO Meeting will take place on Tuesday, April 4 at 6:15 p.m. in the Library Media Center (LMC). NEW THIS MONTH - The PTO will be sponsoring FREE childcare during the meeting. Please feel free to bring your child, we look forward to seeing new faces at our meetings!
- Boomers Reading Program Reminder - There are only 2 more weeks remaining until the Schaumburg Boomers Reading sheets are due. If your child completes the reading assignment given by the teacher, he/she will receive 2 free tickets to a Schaumburg Boomers baseball game and a drawstring backpack.
Cumberland Calendar Link