- Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up - If you have not already done so, click here to sign up for a November Parent Teacher Conference time slot. If you have any questions, or need assistance securing an appointment, please call the school office at 847-824-1451.
- Report Cards - First trimester report cards will be coming home with students today, Friday, November 18.
- Manna Gift Card Orders - Help the PTO and our school while you shop this Holiday Season! The Manna Scrips Program allows you to buy gift cards at full value and the PTO will earn a percentage of each card purchased. Please click here to view the flyer. Forms came home in backpacks yesterday and extras are available in the main office. Don't forget to ask family and friends to fill out their order over the Thanksgiving Break!
- Amazon Smile - Yet another way to help our school earn money is through the Amazon Smile program. Simply go to: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-4299430 every time you shop at amazon.com and 0.5% of your purchases will benefit the PTO!
- Winter Card Design Contest Finalists - We are happy to announce that two out of the three finalists of the D62 Winter Card Design Contest are Cumberland students. Congratulations to 3rd graders Emory Do and Krishi Patel; we are so proud of you. These students will be honored at the November 21 Board of Education meeting. All of the contest entries will be on display at the Des Plaines Public Library from December 2 to January 2.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony - We hope you can join us for the annual Des Plaines Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday, December 2 at Metropolitan Square (647 Metropolitan Way). Festivities begin at 4:00, click here for event details.
- Illinois 5Essentials Survey - For our parents who do not have access to technology, laptops will be available in the LMC during Parent Teacher Conferences if you would like to take the Illinois 5Essentials Survey that Dr. Williams notified you about.
- Title I Parent Night - We hope you can join us for this event on Wednesday, November 28 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at Algonquin Middle School. This year, we are excited to have keynote speaker Dr. Char Myklebust, who will present on Bullying and Trauma: Effective Partnerships Between Parents and Schools. The event will kick off at 5:30 with a pizza dinner and childcare will be available. Click the language link below to view the details and access the RSVP, which was extended through the end of the day today. English Polish Spanish
- Happy Thanksgiving - The entire Cumberland staff would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!!! We hope you are able to spend the week enjoying the company of family and friends.
Cumberland Calendar Link