Parent Conference Sign-Up Link - If you have not already signed up for a Parent Teacher Conference time slot for November click here. If you have difficulties with the form please call the Cumberland office at 847-824-1451 for assistance.
Recognition For No Behavior Referrals - We will once again recognize our students who have not received a behavior referral for the entire first trimester. These students will receive a recognition letter in their report card envelope going home on November 16. We are so proud of our students who consistently make good choices and follow the Cougar Code. We hope your child is among those receiving the letter for their hard work. We will be sending home a letter each trimester for qualifying students, so even if your child didn't earn one this time, they can for the 2nd and/or 3rd trimesters.
Recognition for Good Attendance - New this year, we will be recognizing students with good attendance each trimester. Students with no more than three absences and two tardies during the trimester will receive a recognition letter in their report card and a paw print trinket. The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) now requires us to document chronic absenteeism for students. The truancy rate will be listed on our State School Report Card and will make up 25% of our overall rating. We want to recognize our students who are working hard to help us reach our goal of lower absences and tardies.
The Giving Table - The Giving Table will once again be available during Parent Teacher Conferences. The table will contain gently used children's clothing, coats, hats, gloves, and scarves. Feel free to stop by when you are attending your conference and take whatever items you need. If you have gently used children's clothing or outerwear that others might be able to use, feel free to leave the items on the table.
Emergency Clothing in Lockers - Please make sure that your child keeps an extra pair of pants, socks, and underwear in his/her locker at all times. Students sometimes get wet during recess, or have accidents during the school day, and need a change of clothing. This will prevent us from interrupting you during the day to bring needed garments to school.
Bus Safety - Please remember that it is illegal to go beyond an extended bus stop arm, even if it is on school property. Lately, we have seen an increase in this happening, especially during the afternoon kindergarten drop-off time. Please help us keep our students safe by following the safety rules.
Metra Contest - Students in grades K-12 are welcome to enter the Metra Safety Poster and Essay Contest. The theme this year is "Use Your Senses" and the deadline is January 31, 2019. The 1st place winner will receive an iPad, 2nd place is for $250, and 3rd $100. Click here for more information.
PTO News & Events...
- Halloween Bash Thank You - The PTO would like to send out a special thank-you to the parents & staff members who volunteered at the Halloween Bash. This team effort of hard work made the event a huge success again this year!
- PTO Meeting - We hope you can join us for the next PTO meeting on Monday November 5 at 6:00 p.m. in the LMC. Free babysitting is available!
- Dine & Share - The next PTO Dine & Share will be on Tuesday, November 13 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. at Salerno's for carry out or dine in. Salerno's is a local favorite located at 1716 Kensington Rd in Mount Prospect. Please bring a copy or screenshot of the flyer to present when ordering so that Cumberland receives 15% of the sales.
- Movie Night is on Friday November 30 at 6:00 p.m. Save the date!
- Box Tops - As you begin to cook for the upcoming holidays, please remember to save those Box Tops! Each one is worth $.10 for our school, and though that doesn't seem like a lot of money, it certainly adds up. Click here to view some items that contain Box Tops.