20-21 D62 Calendar - The Board of Education has approved the District 62 calendar for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Note the key dates below, some are changes from our current schedule:
- First day of student attendance, grades 1-8: August 17, 2020
- First day for Preschool and Kindergarten: August 19, 2020
- Parent Teacher Conferences: October 8 and 9, 2020
- Fall Break: November 23-27, 2020
- Winter Break: December 21, 2020 through January 1, 2021
- Spring Break: March 22-26, 2021
- End of the School Year: May 28, 2021, if no emergency days are used
Reading Incentives - We have a very exciting opportunity for your child. This spring, we are combining 2 reading incentive programs. If your child reads for a total of 6 hours between March 9th and April 24th and turns in the forms to their teacher, your child will receive: a free gift and ticket to a Chicago Dogs baseball game in Rosemont AND 2 free tickets to a Schaumburg Boomers baseball game. Look for the information packet that came home yesterday.
Fitness Testing - Ms. Duggan will be conducting mandatory fitness testing for all Cumberland students between April 20th - May 3rd. Click for the English, Spanish, and Polish parent information letters.
Dr. Seuss Family Fun Night - We hope you can join us this evening (Friday, March 6th from 6:00-7:00 p.m.) for the PTO Dr. Seuss Family Fun Night. This event is for students in kindergarten through 2nd grade. Click here to view the flyer.
McTeacher's Night - The upcoming PTO Dine & Share will take place next Tuesday, March 10th from 4:30-7:30 at McDonald's (13 W. Rand Rd. in Mount Prospect). Cumberland staff members will be serving, cooking, bagging, and greeting our families. Bring your dollar bills because Mr. Niemiec will be selling pies and all of the proceeds will go to the PTO. Click here for more details, we hope to see you there!
After School Program Registration - Young Rembrandts and Chess Scholars are beginning to enroll for the spring sessions. Sign up today!
Let Me Run Boys Program - Registration for Let Me Run boys is now open! The team will meet twice a week for 7 weeks directly after school and there will be a 5k for all local teams in June! The cost for the entire program is $125 and the discounted 5k race fee is $23. When you register for LMRB, your 3rd and 4th grade boys are getting a great curriculum that provides physical activity as well as inspiration and empowerment for less than $9 a session! The program starts on April 13th! Click here for the link and scroll down to find Cumberland Elementary School to register.
PTO General Information:
- Thanks to all of the Cumberland families that attended the Portillo's Dine & Share in February. Because of your support, the PTO received $169 that will be used to support our school.
- The PTO has provided the 3rd water fountain/bottle refill station in the building so now there is one down each wing.
- The PTO just purchased $1000 (using Scholastic Rewards Dollars from the fall Book Fair total sales) worth of STEM/STEAM books and building kits for the LMC. These items should be arriving shortly!
- Look for flyers to come home soon for the following upcoming events: Twisted Tree Family Yoga on April 3rd, Paint Night on April 17th, Scholastic Book Fair April 21st-24th (volunteers will be needed during school and evening hours).
- We hope you can join us for the next PTO meeting next Monday, March 9th at 6:00 p.m. in the Cumberland LMC.
- Field trip permission slips will be coming home soon and we'd like to thank the Cumberland PTO for covering the majority or total cost for every student. We hope that each child has a fun time learning and exploring for the day!