Before School Supervision - As a reminder, we do not have supervision on the playground until 8:40 each morning. For safety reasons, students are not allowed on property before that time unless accompanied by an adult. If a child were to get hurt prior to the supervisors being on duty, it is likely that we would not know about it and be able to help. We need your cooperation to keep our children safe at all times.
Parents of PM Kindergarten Students - You are welcome to bring your child to play on the playground with our other students starting at 12:40 daily. If you decide to drop off your Cumberland kindergartner to play, you will not be able to stay on the playground during that time and younger siblings will also not be allowed. All of our supervisors are wearing orange vests for safety so that we always know which adults belong. You are welcome to stand on the sidewalk by the horseshoe drive to monitor your child until he/she goes into the building at 1:00.
Potbelly Dine & Donate Evening - Bring your family to Potbelly, (1506 Market St. Des Plaines), for dinner on Wednesday, September 19, between 5:00-8:00 p.m. and 25% of your order goes back to the Cumberland PTO. Click here to view the flyer (must have a printed flyer or a screenshot of it to show the cashier).
PTO Events and Reminders -
- Power Play is coming back at Cumberland, starting September 24th. Click here to view the details.
- The first PTO Meeting of the year will be on Monday, September 10th, at 6:00 p.m. in the Cumberland LMC. There will be a FREE sitter available. Learn all about the PTO plans for the upcoming year and hear a special update from the D62 Foundation.
- Spirit Wear orders are due September 14th. Click here to view the flyer to place your order.
- Walkathon Update - Please consider donating to our biggest fundraiser of the year. Breaking News...New Prize Just Added: The highest earning family, (one or more siblings combined), wins a ride to school in a firetruck! Click here to donate and help our school.
- We are looking to bring back After School Enrichment Classes, (Art, Science, Chess and more), but we need two parent volunteers, (primary and back-up), who are willing to help the students to and from class once a week for eight weeks between 3:30-5:00 p.m. Let us know if you are free by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did you know that the Cumberland Elementary PTO is on Amazon Smiles? By selecting Cumberland, 0.5% of your purchase will go back to the school PTO. Click here to sign up.
- Want to be included in the PTO exclusive mailing list? Email your name, child's name, and child's Teacher to email@example.com.
- Follow the Cumberland PTO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cumberlandschoolpto.